Event: Healthy Homes Conference
Date & Time: Thursday, May 15th, 8:30 am – 2:30 pm
Location: David Brower Center
2150 Allston Way, Berkeley CA 94704
Cost: $30 ($20 for Build it Green members)
Speaker: Arlene Blum, Executive Director, Green Science Policy Institute
Healthy Buildings: Reducing the Use of Flame Retardants and Six Classes of Harmful Chemicals
We’ll discuss the “Six Classes” or families containing chemicals of concern, the science and policy of flame retardant chemicals, and the national health impacts of California’s changing flammability standards.
Home health best practices are evolving quickly. Are you up to speed or out of date? Don’t miss Build It Green’s conference to convey the latest knowledge on this critical but often overlooked green building topic. We’ve assembled leading industry experts whose presentations will explore:
- cost-effective ways to maintain indoor air quality during construction and remodeling to protect homeowners and work crews
- updated combustion safety standards and testing protocols
- how to assess the health and “greenness” of building products and materials, from countertops to foam insulation and flame retardants in furniture
- new building products and healthier alternatives
- the latest building science on indoor air quality, including current challenges and debates
- easiest ways to improve indoor air quality of existing homes
More information here.