Introduction: Keep the couch you love while saying goodbye to toxics
An estimated 80-100% of the flame retardants in upholstered furniture are found in the foam inside removable cushions.
FoamOrder.com and other Bay Area foam shops will swap that foam for new foam without added flame retardants.
We estimate a cost of $45-$95 per cushion, depending on cushion size and type of foam desired. 10% of sales through this program support efforts to develop a responsible furniture disposal solution, including:
- Science: Researching responsible disposal and recycling technologies for foam and plastic containing flame retardants
- Policy: Collaboration with government and industry to implement responsible disposal and collection practices
Sign up today
Fill out this simple form and we will put you in touch with a custom foam shop.
Beyond the Bay Area
To date, only San Francisco Bay Area businesses have officially joined the Safer Sofa program, but foam replacement is a common service at most foam and upholstery shops.
Email email@example.com to learn how you can help find a shop in your area, or to tell us if you already know of a shop carrying furniture-quality foam without flame retardants.
Check this space in the coming months for a growing list of businesses throughout the U.S. that can swap your foam and help you go flame retardant-free.
- CBS5 ConsumerWatch: Chemical-free couch foam now available (video)
- Houston Chronicle: Chem-free beds are doctor’s orders (mention)
- SF Chronicle: Leah Garchik social column (mention)
On our blog: